An easy and delicious dessert!
Ingredients (for two “pies”):
- 3 green apples
- 3 tbsp raw sugar (or regular sugar)
- 3/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190°C (or 375°F)
- Chop off the top of the two apples you plan on using as your pie “crusts”. Make sure these apples can stand up on their own so they don’t roll around in the oven.
- Carve out the inside of your apples. (I did this with a small spoon.) You can use the innards of these apples for the filling as well- but it can be a real mess.
- Peel and chop up your third apple! (if you weren’t able to save your innards)
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Add in your chopped up apple. Mix together with your hands, and put in your carved out apples.
- Place the apples in a baking dish with a little bit of water covering the bottom of the pan. Place tin foil over the baking dish.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.
Apples fresh out of the oven
Ready to eat! You can eat the whole thing, even the apple “crust”!