- 2 onions
- Little bit of olive oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Can of chickpeas (or 2 cans if you’re in a chickpea mood!)
- 1 cup of peas
- Two cans of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- Sauté onions in a bit of olive oil in the pan you are going to cook the curry in, then add in the potatoes and sauté them for a couple of minutes with the onion.
- Add in coconut milk and turmeric and stir. If you’re not getting a bright yellow color, you can add a bit more turmeric.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (make sure to add enough salt at this stage, it tastes better than adding it on top later when it’s already in your bowl!)
- Add in chickpeas and peas. The liquid should be enough to just cover all of the goodies you have in your curry.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then let it simmer on the lowest heat setting for about an hour, stirring occasionally (if you’re in a time crunch, you can cook it for less time– as long as the potatoes are cooked through!) The longer you cook it, the better it tastes…
- Serve over brown rice!