We ate this last night and it was a HUGE success. Definitely give this one a whirl. This recipe makes enough for a pizza for two adults.
- 250g (1 1/4 cups) peanut sauce (the Euro Shopper brand in the Netherlands is vegan and works perfectly– and it’s the cheapest!)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2-1 cup of diced canned pineapple (depending on how pro-pineapple you are)
- 1 pizza base
Ingredients for pizza base (it’s really easy!):
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Pre-heat oven to 250°C (or 480°F).
- Skip this if you have pre-made pizza dough. Mix flour with sugar and salt, then add the warm water. Knead dough a bit, and if it’s too sticky, you can add a bit more flour.
- Roll your pizza dough out on a floured surface to desired size. Place on a stick-free oven-safe pan, or oil & flour a baking sheet.
- Put rolled out dough in the oven for about 5 minutes to make sure it cooks all the way through.
- Remove from oven. Scoop on the peanut sauce (just like you would tomato sauce). Then add the onions, peppers, and pineapple.
- Place pizza in the fully preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until dough starts to turn a light brown and the onions get crispy.