Ingredients: (makes 4 full rolls/8 halves)
- 4 sheets of rice paper
- 1 cup of dry rice (and 2 cups of water for cooking)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Additional pinch or two of sugar for in the roll
- Cook the rice: bring 2 cups of water to boil with the one cup of rice. Once it starts to boil, cover, and let simmer until the rice cooks through.
- Prepare the peanut sauce: In a small saucepan on the lowest heat add the peanut butter, oil, and sugar until runny and sauce-like. If it’s still too thick, add a bit more oil.
- To prepare the rice paper, carefully make sure paper is submerged in water for a couple of seconds, remove and place on a plate large enough for the sheet.
- Spoon on a quarter of the cooked rice. Then drizzle a quarter of the peanut sauce over the rice. In the center, sprinkle a quarter of the cilantro and a pinch of sugar.
- Roll like a burrito, and slice in half!