This was a real winner at home. The flavors were fantastic together!
Ingredients (this makes enough for four adults):
- 400g dry bulgur (About 1 3/4 cups)
- 800ml veggie stock (About 3 1/2 cups)
- Bunch of wild spinach (or whatever fresh spinach you can get your hands on)
- 6 tomatoes, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (or 1 1/2 cup if you’re in an olive-mood)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First prepare the bulgur: Place the bulgur in with the veggie stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to lowest setting for about 7 minutes. Stir. Then take it off the heat completely and let sit until veggie stock has been absorbed.
- While the bulgur is still warm and the veggie stock has been absorbed/cooked off, start folding in the spinach. Do this a bit at a time until it all fits in the pot and is wilted.
- Move bulgur+spinach into a big bowl. Add in kalamata olives, tomatoes, onion and olive oil. Toss well. Serve warm (on the first day)! And serve cold as leftovers!