This is an autumn take on a similar recipe “Coconut Chickpea Curry“. This makes enough for 2-3 adults for dinner two nights in a row. We made new rice each night, which was a great way to keep your leftovers feeling fresh! Turmeric (used in this recipe) is also an anti-inflammatory- always a nice to have an added benefit to a delicious meal!
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 bag of frozen chopped pumpkin (or one pumpkin seeded, skinned and chopped)
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 bag/box frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Saute chopped onions in oil until translucent in a big pot. Add pumpkin and saute for an additional couple of minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, turmeric, and salt to onion/pumpkin mix. Stir in chickpeas and green peas. The pot should be full of goodies and just enough liquid mixture to cover everything.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat down to low, and let curry simmer for 1/2-1 hour (depending on how much time you have), stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm over a bed of rice!