This dressing will really knock your socks off.
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup yellow French mustard
- 1/4 cup seed-y mustard
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- sprinkle salt
- 1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped in fours
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 peeled carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with garlic, sliced
- For the dressing: whisk together the jam, mustards, olive oil & salt.
- Combine lentils, beans, tomatoes, onion, carrot, & olives in a big bowl.
- Put down a bed of spinach & arugula in your serving bowls. Scoop legume & veggie mixture onto the spinach/arugula. Top with a few spoonfuls of dressing & mix up. You can directly mix everything together in a big bowl, but if you want to keep the ingredients fresh & crisp, I suggest keeping the dressing/legume&veggies/spinach apart.