Since we had leftover tempeh-bacon, we found other ways to eat it. (Especially since avocados can be so darn expensive.) This recipe makes enough for four wraps, assuming that 1/2 of the tempeh-bacon from the previous recipe is used. I had one of these wraps as a leftover the next day, and it retained all of its deliciousness!
- Tempeh-Bacon (1/2 recipe)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- Little extra barbecue sauce from the Tempeh-Bacon recipe
- 1 tbsp sunflower or canola oil
- In a frying pan, fry the tempeh-bacon in the marinade (no extra oil required). Fry until browned on both sides.
- In the same pan, once the tempeh-bacon is done, (or in a new pan simultaneously- if you’re feeling lucky) sauté the onions with a little bit of oil and some of the extra barbecue sauce. Once the onions begin to get translucent, add the mushrooms. Cook til mushrooms are cooked through & everything is delicious. (Add a bit more barbecue sauce if desired.)
- Wrap up your bacon with the mushroom & onions, lettuce & tomato.