We were in the mood for something salty and crunchy- and potato chips/pretzels/crackers were nowhere to be found!
These certainly filled that niche, and now we are addicted to them! Fortunately, they’re pretty healthy as well.
Ingredients (makes enough for a snack for two!):
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- (1 tbsp olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (or 425°F).
- Combine first five ingredients in a bowl. Layout on a stick-free oven-safe pan. The layer should be only 1 bean deep.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take out, toss. Do a little taste-testing here (and don’t burn your tongue!). Add a bit more salt/cumin/garlic for more flavor only if needed.
- Drizzle the second tablespoon of olive oil over the beans. Put back in oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!