This dressing will really knock your socks off.
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup yellow French mustard
- 1/4 cup seed-y mustard
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- sprinkle salt
- 1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped in fours
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 peeled carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with garlic, sliced
- For the dressing: whisk together the jam, mustards, olive oil & salt.
- Combine lentils, beans, tomatoes, onion, carrot, & olives in a big bowl.
- Put down a bed of spinach & arugula in your serving bowls. Scoop legume & veggie mixture onto the spinach/arugula. Top with a few spoonfuls of dressing & mix up. You can directly mix everything together in a big bowl, but if you want to keep the ingredients fresh & crisp, I suggest keeping the dressing/legume&veggies/spinach apart.
This was a real winner at home. The flavors were fantastic together!
Ingredients (this makes enough for four adults):
- 400g dry bulgur (About 1 3/4 cups)
- 800ml veggie stock (About 3 1/2 cups)
- Bunch of wild spinach (or whatever fresh spinach you can get your hands on)
- 6 tomatoes, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (or 1 1/2 cup if you’re in an olive-mood)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First prepare the bulgur: Place the bulgur in with the veggie stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to lowest setting for about 7 minutes. Stir. Then take it off the heat completely and let sit until veggie stock has been absorbed.
- While the bulgur is still warm and the veggie stock has been absorbed/cooked off, start folding in the spinach. Do this a bit at a time until it all fits in the pot and is wilted.
- Move bulgur+spinach into a big bowl. Add in kalamata olives, tomatoes, onion and olive oil. Toss well. Serve warm (on the first day)! And serve cold as leftovers!